Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hair or Body - which is first? {Skin Care}

[Source: Bing Images]
I did a poll for a week asking "Whether you wash your Hair first or your Body"? So, the results were:
Hair - 79%
Body - 21%

So, what do you think? Are the 79% correct or the 21% people? 

Well, here goes my answer. One should always go top to bottom. That would ensure residual cleansing too. When we wash the hair, shampoo pours on the back and then, the conditioner and here I would like to stress that conditioner residue on the back is one of the major reasons for back acne. So, always make sure you wash off your conditioner before proceeding for further rituals. 

The reason I am writing this post is that even though I used to wash my hair before, I usually used to leave the conditioner to soak into the hair while I washed my face and body and then, when I was done with everything I used to wash off my conditioner. Then, one day it struck me that the residue of the conditioner doesn't get washed off till the next bath. No, I did not get any back acne but I do suffer from flaky skin on my back and I don't know how much that can be attributed to conditioner, though. But, it would be of prime importance for people who suffer from acne. Similar to breakouts on hairline and chin, back acne can also be attributed to hair products. So, next time, keep a check on such small things which can make a huge difference in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment