Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Auravedic Botanical Actives Pulpy Facewash Honey Almond {Product Review}

Price: Rs 150 for 100gms

Ingredients

Pros
- made of natural ingredients
- no SLS (I am searching for a face was without SLS) 
- cleanses the skin really well 
- leaves the skin soft and doesn't stretch it

Cons
- stings the eyes real bad!!! 
- not suitable for excessively dry skin as it stings badly!!
- if you use excess of product, it makes the skin feel stripped
- it would have been great if it came in a flip top packaging

My Experience
I got this product back in February for review. But, that time, my skin was going through a dry patch so when I used this for two-three times, it really stung my skin badly. So, from personal experience, I can say that this product is really potent and is not for people who suffer from any skin issues like eczema and psoriasis. For the record, I don't have any. 

it smells really funky like a jelly (in a good way)
So, I had to discontinue using this product that time and I had talked to the Auravedic people too regarding this issue. They also advised me to stop using it immediately. But, last month, I ran out of my face wash stock so I decided to give this a try again!! My skin was healthy and not going though any rough patches that time so the face wash was good. 

Coming to the cons again, the biggest problem I have with this product is that it stings my eyes every time I use it. It was really frustrating. Yes, I do understand that it has natural ingredients which are not suitable for the delicate eye area. But, I do expect not to end up hurting my eyes every time I wash my face. Otherwise, it cleanses the skin really really well. 

Also, another issue with the product is that since it comes in tub packaging, sometimes I do pick up a little more of product and if I do use excessive product at one time, it really makes my skin feel stripped off and dry. The usual amount to be used at one time is a pea size of the product and it forms a good amount of lather and leaves the skin really soft and doesn't stretch it at all. 

A flip top packaging would be a great idea for this product so that one can control the amount of product coming out of the bottle. Overall, I do want to give another variation (Rose-Saffron) of this a try but I am holding back just because of the stinging issues. Yes, it is definitely worth a try and one tub lasts for a month easily!!

PS: Product sent by brand. 

Other products from Auravedic:

No comments:

Post a Comment