Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How do you choose the perfect shade? {Makeup}

Ohk, so when it comes to makeup or to speak of the simplest thing of tinted moisturizers, I am at loss with the shades. If I could, I would have written a post on "How to choose the perfect shade" (hoping someone would steal the title and give me a good post instead :-D). But, since I am total klutz at it, I would rather ask you. 

Whenever I got to buy a loose powder, I have this SA apply it on the back of my hand and if it blends, its awesome!!! But, unfortunately, they forget one thing that back of the hand is generally least tanned and way different in shade than the face. So, obviously, many times, the choice of shade goes wrong. 
Now, I also have this issue of white cast. Have you applied a tinted moisturizer and found it to give a white cast? So, what does that mean - do I have to take a darker shade or a lighter one? Well, I am sure it must have happened to you when you were an amateur as well. So, how do you really go about choosing the coveted shade?

Also, what do you do when you have an uneven skin on the face? The same shade doesn't go well everywhere, right? So, do you blend it with a moisturizer or buy two different shades and mix them? I think many do that as well but its not exactly very simple, right? So, hoping to see the tips from you :) Shoot them down!!

For those who are not aware, the shade of the foundation should be same as that of your jawline. Do check out my take on blending basics and please don't laugh if you find it really weird coz I am really not great at it :(

PS: Forgive me for enabling the word verification coz I do know how irritating Google has made it but I am getting an overload of spam comments so taking this step after a lot of deliberation. Hoping to see your comments continuing :)

Image Courtesy:yourbeautysecrets.tumblr.com,lilylolo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment