Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Skin Watchers Papaya Moisture Peeling Gel {Product Review}

It is a Korean product from Beauty Finest and I am loving it till now.

Price: 32 SGD (approx. Rs 1300) (Singapore dollars) for 150ml

Ingredients
There is no list mentioned on the product so I am just pasting the information given on the website.
Suitable for all skin types but especially beneficially for Acne skin! Natural & Paraben Free. Skin Watchers Papaya Moisture Peeling Gel is a gentle exfoliating gel that exfoliates and peels off dirt and dead skin cells. It is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin. Natural, paraben-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free & colorant-free. A basic skincare must-have to prevent skin problems such as enlarged pores, blackheads, pimples, blemish & dull skin tone. It contains Papaya extracts, an effective natural exfoliating and whitening ingredients that removes dead and old skin cells making your skin soft, supple, smooth, brighter and refreshed. It also contains Ma Chi Xian extract and Phyto ingredients. Ma Chi Xian is a Chinese Herb that nourishes your skin. It is loaded with Omega-3 acids, beta carotene, fiber, antioxidants, Vitamin C (which can be found in the stems) and other minerals. Skin Watchers Papaya Moisture Peeling Gel contains Arginine that effectively conditions heals and protects the skin. It has Hiaruron Acid that boosts the ability of moisturizing and absorption of oxygen.
I asked Janet to provide me with the ingredient list in the meanwhile so here it goes:
Water, PEG-400, Cellulose, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Arginine, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Disodium Adenosine Triphosphate, Algin, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Extensin, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Perfume
Ok, so ingredients are entirely unknown to me to comment anything on it. 

How to use?
Use on dry face. Massage face very GENTLY in a circular motion. Do not use too much force as it may cause redness. Great for removing dead skin on neck, armpit, elbow, knee and back too. Safe to use on alternate days or as & when necessary.
1) Remove all makeup, wash your face and towel dry well.
2) Pump a small amount of Papaya Peeling Gel onto your fingertips.
3) In a circular motion, massage gel onto your face or the area of concern where you want to remove the dead skin
4) Once the dead skin cells have come off, rinse with water and continue with regular skincare routine
5) Just massage gel gently onto the skin, do not use too much force as it may cause redness.
6) The gel will be liquid when used, please be careful when applying around your eyes area.

My Experience
Ok, so, let me admit. I was very apprehensive of the word peeling but I wanted to try it out so when I got the package, I was very excited. The gel is somewhat of the texture of what I think would be used while doing microdermabrasion. Very minutely abrasive. The product smells of nothing in particular and is white in color as you can see.

So, when I used it, I washed my face and cleansed it thoroughly to remove all the impurities and then let it dry completely. A word of warning is that this product doesn't work on wet skin. I tried that. So, to make the most of the product, its best to use on clean dry skin. I placed the product in dots all over my face and rubbed it in gently in circular motion like one would massage the face. I was particularly gentle lest the product damages my skin. But, to my surprise, the product is very very gentle and doesn't harm the skin at all but you can instantly see all the dead skin peeling off. The massage should be continued till the skin stops peeling which takes 5 minutes at max. And, that's it.
don't worry the skin doesn't peel and in fact, it doesn't sting at all...just the skin comes off!!!
and, that's after 2-3 minutes of massage when the dead skin cells come off
and that's my hand: radiant and glowing and not dry at all!!!! Ok, the brightening is pretty much apparent and there was a dryness before I used it on my hand which is not there, instead, my hand also looks young :)
The results of the product are overwhelming. The skin is brightened immediately and is so soft and looks supple. It definitely stays well-hydrated for at least a day after using the exfoliant and I have also noticed that the skin looks younger instantly. I loved this exfoliant more than any I have ever used!!! I have used it 4 times on my skin till now and not once did the product sting me even a bit. I would definitely say that this product shouldn't be used on sensitive skins and areas like nape of the neck. When I used it, I thought it was better not to use it there again but I did use it on my neck (front) and it worked admirably there too. I avoid using this exfoliant near the eyes fearing the sensitiveness and thinness of the skin around the eyes. I space 4 days in between my uses so as not to overdo it. You don't need to use a lot of the product and the exfoliation is very gentle and the best part is that with regular usage, you see that next time you have less of dead skin peeling off.

My Recommendation
I would definitely recommend the product for everyone except people with sensitive skin. 

PS: Thanks to Janet for sending me two 15ml tubes of the gel as a part of a giveaway held on the facebook fan page of Beauty Finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment