Friday, March 9, 2012

Liz Earle Botanical Shine Treatment {Product Review}

Price: 14 Pounds (around Rs 1200) for 150ml

Ingredients
It has a huge list and the pic was really not very clear.
Aqua (water), Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Cetearyl alcohol, Calodendrum capense (yangu) seed oil, Glyceryl stearate, Glycerin, Vitellaria paradoxa (shea butter), Rhus succedanea (sumac) fruit wax, Parfum (fragrance), Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, Kappaphycus alvarezii (red algae) extract, Pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Crambe maritima (blue seakale) leaf extract, Gossypium herbaceum (cotton) flower extract, Behentrimonium methosulfate, Cetrimonium chloride, Panthenol, Butylene glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linalool, Benzoic acid, Phytantriol, Maris aqua (sea water), Dehydroacetic acid, Sodium hydroxide, Fructose, Glucose, Inositol, Sucrose, Trehalose, Isomaltulose, Trehalulose, Citric acid, Sodium citrate. 
My Experience
The ingredient list is pretty impressive anyways. So, I was obviously very excited to try out the product and wanting it to really work. Btw, my hair is not very coarse or dry and this product is meant for very rough hair and my hair is in fact fine but yes, it is dry to an extent and I can definitely use some softening and shine.

The product has to be applied like a conditioner and kept for minimum of 10 minutes after shampooing. And, for extra boost, 30 minutes is the stipulated time. To be frank, I am always in a hurry and staying patiently doing nothing for 10 minutes is a little difficult for me coz I do not proceed with my shower before washing off my conditioner.

Anyways, keeping that aside, somehow I do manage to keep it for 10-15 minutes on my hair after shampooing. Results? My hair wash extremely soft and manageable. The frizziness was definitely tamed to an extent and I would say that the shine is very subtle and natural, not like the serum shine or anything. It didn't weigh my hair down too. Since I have not used their shampoo and conditioner, I have no idea how well it complements the botanical range.

The texture of the is very light and gets easily applied on the hair. And, it also smells really wonderful but some might not like it. That's my gut instinct. The smell stays on the hair after the conditioner is washed off. But, it is very subtle and doesn't bother your head or nose. But, of course, it doesn't do anything to the split ends. And, you have to follow with a leave-in for better results.

Availability
PS: Product provided by the brand.

Other reviews from Liz Earle: 
Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask

No comments:

Post a Comment