Monday, March 12, 2012

MVO Moisturizing Face Screen {Product Review}

I had long back talked about my experience with MVO Everyday Sheer Coverage (ESC) and I mentioned about Moisturizing Face Screen (MFS) there. So, I am now ready to review this awesome product.


Price: 40$ (Rs 2000 approx) for 60ml (and with rupee declining, its far more expensive!!!)

Ingredients

My Experience
In a nutshell, this is the best sunscreen I have come across till date. It doesn't let me tan even a single bit. And, it is way too costly :( But, if I indulge myself in anything, it would be only this product ever because I have not found an equivalent of it yet which is inexpensive. So, let me talk about the product a bit.

Its a tinted sunscreen because Zinc Oxide leaves a white patch behind. It comes in four tints which is less for the varying skin colors and sometimes, it might not really suit the skin tone. Since it is a Zinc Oxide based sunscreen, the texture is powdery (like Lactocalamine). And, yes, it is difficult to blend in the skin. Especially, when your skin is not at its best or not exfoliated properly.

Well that was the bad and the good is that it goes very smoothly over oil or most of the moisturizers I have tried. Its supposed to blend in like a foundation only so a little patience is definitely required. Its a good makeup base and a little lip tint would look great. The finish of the product is matte and doesn't really make the face oily but yes, blotting papers would be useful if you are not going to sit in an AC.

And, another good thing about the product is that it has amazing ingredients which nourish your skin at the same time. But, the best part of the product is that it stays for the whole day and you don't have to reapply unless you are all the time in the sun or you are sweating excessively when the Zinc Oxide may get washed off the skin.

I have been using this since quite a time and almost every time I have loved the product except for when it gets difficult for me to blend it in and then, I come to know that I need to exfoliate  the my skin. Generally, exfoliation solves the blending problem so that makes my skin happy and glowing. Oh, something to remember is that double cleansing is very very necessary to remove the product. 

PS: I am doing this review today because of Bridal Series going on. And, I wanted to share the secret of my glowing skin these days. And, if you can indulge in the expenditure, you should definitely give this a try. I don't know how I am going to get my next bottle. Btw, the 30ml bottle lasts for 2 months if used everyday so that's satisfactory at least (not inexpensive at all). Btw, MVO has free international delivery on or above 175$ so if anyone is interested, we can arrange a collective purchase. Drop me a mail :)

Other products from MVO:
Marie Veronique Organics After Sun Body Oil
Marie Veronique Organics Everyday Sheer Coverage

No comments:

Post a Comment