Sunday, March 11, 2012

Skin Care for Brides {Bridal Files}

As a second post in the series, nothing is more important than how to take care of the skin for the ultimate D-Day. And, I am not talking only about the face but also of the entire body. Surely, you wouldn't want your hands to look dry or feet to look cracked. So, this is a just a start up on that series. 

[Source: medtips.in]
Moisturize well
Dry skin always gets dark and dull and its your special time so you can go any lengths to invest in products. Get a good moisturizer and moisturize yourself well day and night. Especially, now. The weather is changing and it takes toll on the skin.

Dry Brush
Another of amazing saviors. It helps me fight excess weight, fat accumulation, improves blood circulation and makes my entire body glow. I would definitely advise you to get the Catus Brush from TBS but yes, its expensive so you can choose some of the lesser priced ones too. But, let me tell you that the cactus (I don't know if its really cactus, though ;P) bristles are more likely to prove more useful than flat brushes. 

Soaps and Scrubs and Masks and Other Treatments
Ok, if it was my marriage, I would most definitely invest in the charcoal range of Lush. Its a dark desire :D Seriously, the range fascinates me with its face cleanser and body scrub. But, I am not too fond of Lush soaps to be honest. I have used one and didn't really like it. So, if I were to advise you, I would say Earthy Goods has good soaps at lesser prices and Rustic Art soaps are little expensive but equally good. 

Regarding masks, no harm in trying out Lush coz I have never tried. The only issue is you should be able to finish them before they expire otherwise your money goes down the drain :( Or, you can try your favorite masks or facials at the salons or even the DIY's. Btw, if you are going for salon treatments, make sure you go to a good reputed salon and always get a trial beforehand to make sure the facial and the ambience of the place suits you.

Body Massages
Getting body massages is a good idea if you are not inhibited. I personally am so I do it on my own at home and follow it with a good scrubbing session. I really love spending on oils and I recently got the TBS Polynesian Monoi Oil which I had been coveting since long and which is definitely pretty expensive. But, its good for my skin. So, get a few body oils and some EO's can help you too. [I shall do a post on EO's separately]

Other things for glowing skin
The usual recital of water, sleep and food and even exercise follows. So, don't ignore them. Trust me they work wonders when synced with each other harmoniously.

A little tip: Try to sleep by 10. I know its difficult but nothing relaxes body better than that and it helps with many things too. More in some other post.

No comments:

Post a Comment